Live at SOUNDkitchen
A recording of a live laptop performance on World Listening Day 2013 at SOUNDkitchen, Birmingham, UK. The set focuses on urban soundscapes from Europe and Asia and features the following field recordings:
– St Salvator’s Church Bells: Casalbordino, Italy
– Coin Offerings at the Temple of the Reclining Buddha: Bangkok, Thailand
– Rain on Metal Staircase: Istanbul, Turkey
– Adhan (Call To Prayer): Istanbul, Turkey
– Khaen Player on Sampeng Lane: Bangkok Thailand
– Bangkok to Kanchanaburi Train: Thailand
– Musicians in Cuihu (Green Lake) Park: Kunming, China
– Buddhist Chanting at Wat Phai Ngoen: Bangkok, Thailand
– Birds at Kunming Market: Kunming, China
– Chao Phraya River Boat: Bangkok, Thailand
– Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church Bells: Berlin, Germany
Released on Bandcamp by Iain Armstrong.
Some of these field recordings are also available on my phonography release ‘Sacred & Profane’ on Gruenrekorder Digital GrDl 123.